Pogledajte određenu poruku
Staro 29. 01. 2006.   #1
bluesman
Goran Pilipović
Sir Write-a-Lot

Datum učlanjenja: 18.05.2005
Hvala: 288
1.247 "Hvala" u 446 poruka
bluesman je osoba koju treba slušatibluesman je osoba koju treba slušatibluesman je osoba koju treba slušatibluesman je osoba koju treba slušatibluesman je osoba koju treba slušatibluesman je osoba koju treba slušatibluesman je osoba koju treba slušatibluesman je osoba koju treba slušatibluesman je osoba koju treba slušati
Pošaljite ICQ poruku za bluesman
Default Kada se priča o parama, zaboravi na slobodu govora

Kao što znate, Google je ušao na kinesko tržište, a prva odluka je da se ipak cenzurišu određene pretrage.

Google Inc.'s recent decision to censor search results in China has raised eyebrows in Congress, which has invited the company, along with its chief competitor, Yahoo Inc., to answer questions about excluding political material that the Beijing government deems subversive.

Both companies have been asked to speak before members of Congress in the coming weeks, as part of a broader look at freedom of speech and the Internet in China. Neither firm has indicated what level of cooperation they will provide.

Human rights groups have leveled intense criticism against U.S. Internet companies for their role in limiting access to information online, particularly after Google introduced a Chinese search engine earlier this week that filters results about the Tiananmen Square massacres and the Dalai Lama, among other things.

First up on Capitol Hill for Google and Yahoo is a briefing Feb. 1 in front of the Congressional Human Rights Caucus. Members are expected to probe the firms about the measures they take to block sensitive information in China and the amount of pressure they are under to do so by the Chinese government.

"It is astounding that Google, whose corporate philosophy is 'don't be evil,' would enable evil by cooperating with China's censorship policies just to make a buck," Smith said in a statement.

China requires Internet companies to block access to all online material it deems objectionable. Complying with the law is a compromise U.S. businesses feel they must make to get access to what is potentially a lucrative market.

The invitations to Google and Yahoo went out before the latest round of controversy on the Internet in China. Microsoft Corp. and Cisco Systems Inc. were also invited to Capitol Hill.

(Ovo je manje više ceo tekst, izbacio sam dosadne delove)