Hvala: 32
73 "Hvala" u 56 poruka
LiquidBrain će postati "faca" uskoro
Pošaljite poruku preko Yahoo za LiquidBrain

Citat:
Originalno napisao Dragi Tata Pogledajte poruku
Slučajno naleteh na ovaj taze blog administratora sajta CodeProject.com:

http://www.codeproject.com/script/Me...06#xx2939706xx

There's always debate[^], complaints[^] and personal preferences as to whether passwords should be encrypted in a database and sent back to a user when it's requested, or whether it should be one-way hashed and 'reset link' (or similar) provided to those users who forget their password.

Over the years we've asked members what they wanted and the preference has changed from "Please send me my original password" to "Please don't send me my password". I, personally, prefer that I get my original password when I ask for it because

a) I hate having to write down or remember Yet Another Password.
b) I don't use the same password for CodeProject as I do for, say, my bank
c) I control my email box
d) Often sites that allow you to reset your password allow anyone to reset your password (meaning you get lots of links that don't work if someone hates you and abuses the system), or they ask you a 'security' question before sending the link. Frankly, everyone knows my Mother's Maiden name ("Mum" AND the name of my first pet ("Cuddles the Rabbit") so these questions, to me, are not very secure. And to be honest I just couldn't be bothered with the extra hassle.

This reasoning doesn't apply for all, and above and beyond these personal reasons of mine there is the simple fact that if you are going to look after personal information of your members you should do it properly.

So, as of today we no longer encrypt passwords, but instead we store them as a one-way hash. This means we can no longer send you your password when you ask for it.

However, I figured we needed to

a) Allow people to maintain their current password if at all possible, and
b) Protect the system from abuse

So when you request a new password, we send you a temporary password and still allow you to sign in with your old password. If you sign in with the temp password then your password becomes the temporary password, permanently. If you suddenly remember your old password and sign in with it, then the temporary password is removed.

Hopefully the best of both worlds with the added security that no one, not us, not you, not your nosy coworkers, will ever know your password.
Administrator sa ovakvim stavom i ovakvim principima treba odmah da dobije otkaz...